Friday, January 9, 2015

Not My New Year's Resolution

(I need to stop eating at the computer.  Just spent three minutes blowing crumbs off.  I'm lightheaded from this amount of work.)

Well, as we all know I set some New Year promises that I failed miserably at last year.
Let's recap:
  1. Pay more attention to my fitness blog. X (Epic) FAIL!!
    • I can count on one hand how many post I made last year even if I had two fingers missing...)
    • I can list how many other things I paid attention to... like my dogs, and my job, and my bills!!
  2. I STILL need a CALENDAR!!
  3. I gained more weight than the last two years combined.
    • I will post my weight when I accept the fact that I gained it. But until then...
    • I did tell myself that I would only be blogging when I started taking the diet and exercising serious.  What's the point of blogging if it's not about fitness.  It is a fitness blog after all.
    • I have been on my diet and exercise plan since the day after Christmas and lost eight pounds so far. 
    • I do believe I'm back to my regular routine because I weighed-in Monday with the mysterious eight pound weight loss that I was carrying around all day Sunday.
  4. I found my Skinny video hiding on the hard drive of my new computer. 
    •  It's not finished, it may not ever be finished. 
    • If I can't make a simple post on my blog, what makes people think that I have the time and patience to edit and produce a music video? P. Diddy in the house!!
    • If I ever go on vacation at my job, I promise I will finish this video.
  5. I don't know whether to buy a 2014 calendar just to make up for ignoring the whole year or just apologize and move forward.  That means I didn't do one single weigh-in Monday. SMH..I got lazy, not fat...There's a difference...
  6. I started my diet...
    • Yes, this means out of the entire year I was only on my diet for two months.
    • I was unable to go "cold turkey" like the first time.  Sometimes the mind is stronger to battle the second time round.
    • I looked good in April for the trip to Florida and the Bahamas.
    • I do believe my constant overeating during the holidays made the switch in my brain click to off and cause my hunger and cravings to cease. We can guess that I have been going to the gym nonstop until my legs fall off.
    • On the same note, losing my grandfather made everything I was trying to accomplish seem petty.
    •  
      • My graduation seemed petty since the person that pushed you to reach for greatness is gone.
      • My problems seemed petty since a person who put their problems aside to deal with yours, is gone.
        • I don't like bringing up the grandfather topic because there will always be a sore spot in my heart.
        • Always express yourself while they are with you because it burns like hell when they are gone.
        • What burns the most is that I WROTE THIS before and DIDN'T FOLLOW MY OWN ADVICE...
        • Free advice anyone? This child is immune to her own advice so she's just giving it away!!
*Even though I am not working on the blog as much as I use to, I encourage people to read it for motivation, tips, and tricks to help during the journey to lose weight.  These things definitely do not expire so redeem them as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment