Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Product Review: Green Giant Multigrain Barbecue Sweet Potato Chips

 
Just when you thought the Green Giant was sticking to its cans, they break out the bag...
Oh no, it's time for another product review!! 
This one is going to be a little different because I'm not going to compare it with something unhealthy.  We all know that a regular potato chip is greasy, salty, and pretty tragic to eat if your on a diet.  The number one thing that I want to say about this product is that I do NOT like sweet potatoes.  They are just too sweet, too mushy, and too potatoey.  So, trying to get me to convert to the mass production of sweet potato products has been an epic fail.  I have tried everything from the mashed sweet potatoes to the Burger King sweet potato fries but found every single one of those nasty as hell.
Just after writing that sentence, I have just offed my third bag of these chips.  They are addicting and if your not paying attention your going to eat the whole bag.
A reason for why these are unusually good is the amount of seasoning used.  They have completely covered up the nasty natural taste of the sweet potatoes with a southern style barbecue rib rub. (lol!)  The aftertaste does have a hint of sweet potato but it's not strong enough to have me running sick to the bathroom.
Here are some of the technical facts:
Serving Size- (About 16 chips)
  • Serving Per Container- 5 (So times everything listed below by five if your planning to eat the whole bag)
  • 120 Calories
  • Total Fat- 6g
  • Sodium- 190mg
  • Total Carbohydrates- 17g
  • Protein- 1g
  • Sugars- 2g
  • 14g of whole grain
  • 0g trans fat
  • Made with Real Sweet Potatoes (OMG!!)
  • 40% Less fat than regular potato chips.
  • Did I mention that they are delicious?
These chips can be a snack to satisfy any hunger and their zesty barbecue flavoring makes them irresistible!  This is a God sent alternative to a regular potato chip.  Green Giant also offers the sweet potato chips in other flavors and has a line of veggie chips.  In the state of Virginia (lol), they retail around $1.98.  I stress the words, "in the state of Virginia" because if you live in the bankrupt city of Detroit, the price range could start at $15.
 
My name is Sherri and I approve Green Giant's deceitful way of getting me to eat sweet potatoes...
...
...
My name is Sherri and I approve Green Giant's Multigrain Barbecue Sweet Potato Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment