Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pet-Peeves from the Gym Part 1

(The library is unusually LOUD today)


I know I have talked about some things that irritate me at the gym.
Well, this is an update...


The Door

I could write a book about this door. This is no normal door, this is the door to the ladies locker room.
Let me explain why this annoys me in two scenarios.

Scenario 1
If I open the door, usually I am opening it for me. If I open this door and you try to slide by me, I will push you right back out of it. Here at the gym, it seems people wait for the door to open like they are fucking royalty. Believe me when I say, two people can NOT fit comfortably in this doorway.

Scenario 2
(This one is more popular)
There are two people outside the door having a conversation. The second the door opens, one of them tries to wrap up the conversation like the door will never open again. Like it's the last train leaving for Chicago. If you are caught in this, make sure you open the door with you shoulders so that there is no way you get left holding it. Just come out of that locker room like a barrel from Donkey Kong's Adventure and roll your way to the treadmill.



The Scale

The scale will always and forever be my pet peeve because it won't say the number I want it to. It moves way too slow, in the wrong direction, half the time.
Besides the mental issues I have with the scale, here is a common one.
Do you see the picture of the scale I stuck on this blog?
See anything wrong with it?
Do you see it?!
It's water...
Let me help you out by turning the picture sideways.
Someone has taken the time out to draw two eyes and a smile... :D
Thank you, Picasso!
I guess I am different from everyone else but the second I jump out of the pool or shower, the scale is my last stop. If I had to compare this method to something it would be me weighing myself before and after eating a meal. I rather not set myself up for failure...
I guess what I am trying to say is... I DON'T NEED YOUR BATHWATER ALL OVER THE SCALE TRYING TO MAKE ME THINK I GAIN TWO POUNDS!!
THANK YOU!


This has been a Sherri Clayborne public announcement...

No comments:

Post a Comment