Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Don't Eat It!

Okay guys,

"It's been a long time coming, but I kknnnnooowwww, a change is gonna come.."
~Sam Cooke
BUT I'M BACK!!!
(I know y'all missed me dearly)

 
I'm guessing it was a combination of me losing my journal and my amazing Birth-Week celebration. But seriously when I found my journal it looked like someone used it to stop a leaky pipe. I really just don't want to know...
But anywho...
Back on my grind and back to the gym.



(My Current Starting Weight)

     The reason I'm writing this blog is not to welcome myself back but it is to inform people of an ongoing situation. Have you ever heard of diets that focus on eating only one or two food groups? Like the Cottage Cheese Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, or the infamous Water Diet? I don't know about everyone else but the reason that I am overweight is because I like to eat a lot of RANDOM foods. So, in all reality, do you think I will be able to stop all of that (cold turkey) and eat cottage cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
     
     No seriously, I want y'all to sit down and think about this one. I have only been eating whatever the hell I wanted for about, (uh) twenty years, but I would trade it all in, (at the blink of an eye) for some cabbage... THAT I DON'T EVEN LIKE!!
I'd give it about four days. I'm sure Dodge's Chicken doesn't serve cabbage...

But, the point that I'm trying to make is that....
You can't rush into a diet, especially a diet that will get you DEAD. Is cottage cheese covering all the food groups that you are required to have in a day? Try that and then go to the gym for two hours and see if your butt won't be in the hospital!
That's called food shock...
Better yet it's a form of anaphylactic shock from lack of food. Your allergic to NOT eating!!
STOP IT!!

If you decide to carry out the goals to a healthier lifestyle by dieting here are some helpful hints:
  1. Diet covers all the food groups
  2. All diets should include at least thirty minutes of physical activity a day
  3. Diet is affordable and/or a diet your willing to stay dedicated to
  4. ~IMPORTANT~ YOUR NOT STARVING YOURSELF  (Nobody is the same, if your hungry, EAT!!)
Food is an addiction...
If you choose to change your eating patterns, remember that you are trying to change something that has been permanent for a while. You may fall off track a couple of times but as long as you don't give up. Remember, you are fighting an addiction.




Peace, Love, and Happiness
~Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment